We respect your privacy
- Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
- “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you as an individual.
Collection of personal information
- Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd will, from time to time, collect, receive and store personal information, for example where you enter it onto our website, provide it to us directly or give it to us in other forms.
- The types of personal information we collect includes basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
- Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us, including records of those interactions and communications.
How we collect your personal information
Purposes for handling your personal information
- Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services, and better understand your needs, maintain and update our records, manage our relationship with you and train and manage our staff.
- Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
- We may exchange your personal information with our insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers and subcontractors, including providers of data storage, delivery, data processing, data analysis, document management, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website and technology services.
- We may from time to time need to disclose personal information in connection with applicable laws, for example legislation, regulations, court orders, subpoenas, warrants, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency requests.
- We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd, www.cognitives.io, its customers or third parties.
- If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where appropriate in any of the above circumstances.
Security of your personal information
- Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the security of the information you provide to us. We have put in place a range of physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Depending on the circumstances, those measures include data access controls, premises security and network firewalls.
Access to your personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you. A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, or to update it, where we are entitled to do so under applicable law. We will let you know our reasons in this case.
Complaints about privacy
- If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to contact us as set out above under ‘Access to your personal information’. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
- When you come to our website (www.cognitives.io) we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
- Our site may from time to time have links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. These links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party websites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these websites. Please be aware that Cognitive Platform Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practises of other such websites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our website, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information.
- Our website places a cookies on the hard drive of your computer. A “cookie” is a file which allows us to track and target the interests of our website users. In addition, our website uses third party cookies from Google Analytics for Display Advertisers, including the following features:
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting – which gives us additional insight into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites. This will help us optimise and tailor our advertising.
- DoubleClick Platform integrations & Remarketing with Google Analytics – the integrations between both our web analytics and paid advertising platforms together to give us additional insight. This allows us to tailor our advertising to ensure the right types and offers are shown to you while you are using the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
- While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Most browsers allow you to control management of cookies, this will be different depending on each user’s PC – refer to your browser help menu or see www.allaboutcookies.org for further information.
Last updated: 24th August 2016